Saturday, January 14th the Lynx wrestling team wrestled at the Al Hanke Invitational, hosted by Elmhurst College, in Elmhurst, IL.  The Lynx brought home 1 third place medal along with 4 other placewinners (3 fifth places and 1 sixth place) with half their team and wrestlers in four weight classes.

Wilyonde Bell, a Lincoln College freshmen, pinned his opponent in the 141 lbs. 3rd place match and brought back a bronze medal.   On his success today, Bell commented “I wrestled really hard this whole tournament.  I should have been in the finals but I have to work harder for that and I just came back after my loss and I wrestled hard,”

Dalton Kinison, Brenden McGee and Gabe Rangel all wrestled well and brought home fifth place wins in their final bouts. DJ Millet also competed well and brought home sixth place by injury defaulting to his team mate Kinison in his final match.

Daryl Thomas, Head Wrestling Coach, stated “It was a good tournament for our guys.  We only brought potential starters at one weight class (125 lbs.) and the rest were some of our back up guys.  We’re excited to see these guys compete and placing in a tournament against some Division III competition and some other NJCAA competition.”

The Lynx will compete in a dual meet next Thursday, January 19th, at MacMurray College in Jacksonville, IL.

Lincoln College Place Winners at Al Hanke Invitational Results

125 lbs. 5th – Dalton Kinison

125 lbs. 6th – DJ Millet

133 lbs. 5th – Brenden McGee

141 lbs. 3rd – Wilyonde Bell

285 lbs. 5th – Gabe Rangel